|Date: 22 November 2013|
|Size: 8.80 MB (Home), 26.80 MB (Pro)|
|Price: shareware, $27.00 (home), $40.50 (professional)|
|The Bat! HomePage|
|Download The Bat! Home|
|Download The Bat! Professional|
|Note: Powerful e-mail client...|
|Editor's Rating: 3.5/5|
The Bat! 6.0 is an e-mail application that features support for multiple POP accounts, true multithreading, MIME and UUencode standards, message notification, PGP support, APOP authorization, message sorting, message templates, minimization to the system tray, and multimedia support.
The Bat! 6 is a newer version of the The Bat!, but still in early stages of development. While this version might have better and more functions and enchancements compares to the previous official version of The Bat!, this beta version might be unstable, and if you encounter problems with this one, use the previous official version, the non-beta version.
(The Bat! version 5.8.8)
- The support of Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) has been implemented
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions are now available (The new The Bat! 64-bit version will be released after November 21, 2013.)
- it is now possible to save message text in the UTF-8 format
- the new %COPY("text", start, count) macro allows extracting a portion of characters provided by "text" starting from a certain character, e.g. %COPY("%otext", 1, 100) will return 100 characters starting from the first character of the original message text while replying or forwarding messages.
- Sorting Office: a new action to extract files by masks
- The Bat! 6.0 became a fully-Unicode application
- Optimized interface display on high DPI monitors
- issues regarding the import of messages from large UNIX-mailbox files have been eliminated
- the Address Book remembers the "Lock Toolbars" option now
- the widths of the filter list columns in the Sorting Office are now remembered
- the problems connected with message Tags have been resolved