|Date: 26 September 2014|
|Size: 7.82 MB (32-bit), 9.19 MB (x64)|
|Price: shareware, $39.95|
|Download Reaper 32-bit|
|Download Reaper x64|
|Note: Powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio...|
|Editor's Rating: 4/5|
Reaper 4.731 is a powerful Windows application for multitrack recording and editing of audio.
- Portable- supports running from USB keys or other removable media
- 64 bit audio engine
- Excellent low-latency performance
- Multiprocessor capable
- Direct multi-track recording to many formats including WAV/BWF/W64, AIFF, WavPack, FLAC, OGG, and MIDI.
- Extremely flexible routing
- Fast, tool-less editing
- Supports a wide range of hardware (nearly any audio interface, outboard hardware, many control surfaces)
- Support for VST, VSTi, DX, DXi effects
- ReaPlugs: high quality 64 bit effect suite
- Tightly coded- installer is just over 2MB
(Reaper version 4.731)
- - OSX: updated signing for OSX 10.9.5+ .
- - Tab to transient: fixed MIDI transient inaccuracies .
- - WAV reading: fixed incorrect reading of files with 125 or more bytes per sample-frame (e.g. 48+ channel 24 bit files)
- - added the fantastique elastique v3 pitch shift/timestretch engine
- - fixes to extreme stretch logic
- - fixed 'FX: Set MIDI learn for last touched FX parameter' when triggered from MIDI controllers .
- - improved undo for duplicate item actions .
- - fixed 'Duplicate items' misbehaviour with ripple editing .
- - fixed item edge locking .
- - optimized disk writing buffers
- - changed OSX default write mode to unbuffered, reduced buffer size
- AU: fixed PDC failures when track channel counts change
- Menu bar: fixed mangling of UTF-8 characters when truncating action strings .
- ReaControlMIDI: support all 14 bit resolution CC pairs
- ReaScript: load several scripts in one go
- ReaVerb: improved handling of certain low-level mono signals .
- Render Region Matrix: fixed unselected region rendering .
- Stretch markers: auto-seek when editing stretch markers and auto-seek-on-edit is set in prefs
- Track FX envelopes: fixed inserted points despite automation lane not armed .
- Undo: fixed edit cursor being sometimes moved despite preferences
- VST: support for effCanBeAutomated to allow plug-ins to not show hidden parameters