|Date: 22 July 2014|
|Size: 5.98 MB|
|Note: Free image editing and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows...|
|Editor's Rating: 5/5|
Paint.NET 4.0 is free image and photo editing software for PCs that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.
(Paint.NET version 4.0.3)
This update fixes a few small bugs and improves performance
- Further improved performance when working with images that have a lot of layers
- Fixed some flickering in the Layers form
- Fixed the Language selector in the Settings dialog
- Fixed 2-finger touchpad and touch screen scrolling
- Aero peek thumbnails now include the pixel grid if it's enabled
- Fixed a crash in the thumbnail renderer that sometimes happened when switching between images
- Ctrl+W no longer exits the application if zero images are open